I am one year older today. Twenty-six, to be precise. That’s another year closer to thirty, another year further away from whimsy and closer to wrinkles, I suppose (yeah, right, like I’ll ever stop being whimsical).
Given the wealth of stuff I did for my birthday weekend, I’m going to keep this short, sweet, and in list format. I present you with my birthday weekend:
- On Friday, my co-workers surprised me with a beautiful cake (which was photographed, but only on Priscilla’s iPhone – yes, Priscilla, I’m blogging about you!)
- On Friday night, I attended the Berkman@10 gala (would’ve taken pictures, but my battery was dead), which was both informative and entertaining and mostly made me wish I’d been able to attend the rest of the conference.
- On Saturday, I treated myself to a mani/pedi – and at $30, it was hardly treating myself!
- On Satuday evening, I had a party with Priscilla (there’s your name again, lovely) – Renata took the photos, and she’s still en route to Guatemala, so we’ll wait with bated breath for those.
- Then today, I hung out like a tourist around Fanueil Hall with Hamza and the fam. Some evidence:
By the way, that second one was at Dick’s Last Resort – they made me wear the hat. It had balloons at the top.
4 replies on “Birthday Blogging”
The photos are adorable! And happy belated birthday!
Happy Birthday, Jill! What is that on your forehead?
Happy Brithday, Jill!
* * * *
On top of a hill
Overlooking a rill,
Jill stood still
Till the chill filled each nostril,
And said, shaking her head:
“If only I were in Azilal or Tit Mellil!
If only I were in Ifrane or Imilchil!”
Standing at her side,
Hamza heard her and smiled.
“Shhhhhh!” she cried.
“I think I’m gonna go wild.
Morocco has made me a spoilt child!”
Lydia – it’s a suction cup chicken head (intended to hold bath sponges, most likely).