Thinking of kicking this back off as a regular (semi-regular) feature, because reasons.
- Buzzfeed on what happens to stolen passports in Turkey
- Rula Jebrael takes on Bill Maher and Ayaan Hirsi Ali in Salon
- EFF on Facebook’s Internet.org project: “not neutral, not secure … not the Internet”
- aeon against generational thinking
- CPJ on cartoonists under threat around the world
- Slate’s history of slavery (multimedia, but paywalled*)
- “Here’s how much of your life the United States has been at war” – Washington Post
- Conor Friedersdorf confronts the last defenders of the NSA in the Atlantic.
*I decided to try Slate+ as part of an ongoing experiment in paying for media sometimes. I can think of at least one person who will be surprised.